Saturday, November 24, 2012

Christmas gift for me

I just purchased a Millennium frame (http://www.needleneeds.co.uk/store/) and think this will greatly enhance my stitching.  My Dad made me a stand a few years ago from a picture he saw in one of my cross stitch catalogs and I still love it!  He was even able to get the light on there!  He's a genius :)  The pic below isn't the actual frame, the only difference in the one I have is the base, I didn't want the circles for stuff so he left them off.

I don't enjoy using the split scroll frame, but it works for what I need.  This Millennium frame is going to make switching from project to project a dream, and I'm excited to get back into having several things on the go at a time.  I do love me some variety!  I've also purchased 3 HAEDs, so another reason for the pre-Christmas splurge on myself.  I bought the basic frame with 12-14 in. side stretchers, and a set of 20 in. and 30 in. bars.  This should give me enough room to work the smaller projects along with the BAPs (Big @$$ Projects)!  I'm planning to use the new frame with the stand my Dad made, so we'll see how that works out.  Shipping should take up to 2 weeks, so I'll be trying to wait patiently for the UPS guy!

No comments: